App Store Search Ranking and App Marketing
High search rankings are of crucial importance in getting the app noticed as well as in general app marketing. 60% of downloaded apps originate from searches within the app store and generate high quality users. These intentional downloads result in loyal users as well as disproportionately high in-app purchases and other actions which lead to app monetisation.
Golfoon, a sports app which had ambitious amateur golfers as a target audience, approached Weever Media to achieve higher rankings in the search results of the relevant targeted users and boost the app downloads.
The Weever App Store Optimisation Solution
We utilised, as for all of our app promotion projects, best of breed software. In this case we worked with ASO tool Sensortower.
Our ASO activities comprise the following components:
- Keyword research
- Competitor analysis
- On-page optimisation (including all meta tags, screenshots, etc.)
- Category and market analysis
- ASO tool support
The ASO project was carried out for German speaking countries – Germany, Austria and Swizterland.
Results of the App Store Optimisation
As a result of our activities the app achieved a much higher search ranking:
- Keyword ‘golf resort’ – increase in search ranking: 0 to rank 1
- Keyword ‘golf’ – increase in search ranking: 0 to rank 8
- Keyword ‘golf club’ – increase in search ranking: +600%
- Keyword ‘golf course’ – increase in search ranking: +150%
- Keyword ‘golf guide’ – increase in search ranking: +50%
Further achievements were the increase in organic downloads as well as a top 10 ranking in iTunes.